Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DD learns a hard lesson

Last Friday I took the kids shoe shopping. At the first store I told DD to leave her purse hidden in the car. She stubbornly refused. I didn't want to push it so I let it go. DS#3 found shoes no problem, but #1 & #2 didn't see anything they liked. DS#1 wanted the same shoes he already had. The lady found them in another part of town that was really on my way as I was taking the boys to Baba's office later anyway. A quick stop at the library & we were on our way to the other shoe store. The boys both found shoes they liked & DD looked at some too, but she has gotten shoes recently & I wasn't buying her more. We all piled into the car DD last. As she got to the car she realized she didn't have her purse. Searched the store, no purse. Back to the library, then the 1st shoe store, nothing. Back to the second shoe store again, nothing.

It seems that someone at the second shoe store took advantage of DD's inattention. She lost her Nintendo & 3 games, as well as all her report card money. I was so mad at her for not listening, & at whoever took advantage of my 9yr old. We probably should have reported it, just to be counted in the statistics. I have no hope of seeing her things again even if we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment