Thursday, November 25, 2010

Getting started

I've decided to start blogging here as a place to display my adventures, insecurities, mishaps, mistakes, joys...ect. I hope my boring life may interest someone.

Also I've been reading Khadija Teri's blog from Libya. I visited Tripoli for 5 weeks in the summer of 2009. DH's niece scheduled her wedding that summer so we could attend. I hope to revisit those memories here soon. While I was there I felt like we did so little, but thinking back we packed a lot into a short visit. Khadija's blog has shown me so many places I am dying to visit but may never get to see, like the castle. She has some amazing pictures of it. I've also seen lots of pictures of places we saw while we were there, the shore, & the madina. More weddings in the future as the nieces & nephews grow up. More chances to get out & see the city & the countryside. Insha Allah.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get back here for a visit... but in the mean time keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're planning to build on the family farm, out west of Airport rd, not far from the racetrack or horse track. I was never quite clear what that place is. The Leader is involved there somehow & it make a good landmark.

    I'm hoping to have at least a place we can 'camp' in. Even if it is just kitchen, bathroom & marbouh. It was stressful borrowing my BIL's unfinished house at night & not having a space of our own during the day. Best of all it will give me something to work at while I'm there. Last visit I spent a lot of time sitting on my hands & trying to be useful somehow, while DH was out doing what needed to be done.

    ReplyDelete